Every time I think that I am up to speed with the latest healthy trend, something new comes along! And with it a whole pile of questions and general confusion.
So what is it that is tormenting me at the moment? Matcha – that’s what.
Not Matcha tea – I’ve managed to get my head around that. It’s cousin the Matcha latte has my head in a spin.
Matcha Tea is like green tea that has been in the gym working out for its whole life. Matcha is a type of tea that’s far less processed than regular green tea and therefore provides the following:
- It has 17 times more antioxidants than blueberries, and 60 times the antioxidants found in spinach. And that’s just in one teaspoon!
- It’s energizing and anti-inflammatory – therefore a great pre-workout boost.
- Boosts your metabolic rate – burn, burn, burn
- Can help prevent skin ageing
- Calming & Mood enhancing
Sounds good to me!
Locally I discovered The Matcha Latte in The Rocketman in Cork. And what a pleasant surprise and alternative to my usual flat white.
It was only then that I understood WHY the Matcha Latte exists. Confession time here – whilst I always found green tea inoffensive & now would even say it is palatable, I really struggle with Matcha.
The Latte eases the pain! It’s much easier to drink. That for me is reason enough for the Matcha Latte.
What you need:
1 tsp good quality Matcha Tea
200mls Milk of choice – Personal preferences are Almond or Coconut milk
2 Tbsp Hot (but not boiling) water
1 tsp Agave/honey – optional
Cinnamon to dust on top.
- Add the water to the spoon of Matcha powder and mix well.
- Heat your milk & froth it. Pour 3/4’s of it into your Matcha tea mix. Taste & sweeten if desired. Stir.
- Add rest of frothed milk and sprinkle with some cinnamon.
Yours, hoping all this Matcha will make me look 21 again,