As most of you will by know now I had a little girls weekend away last weekend in Marbella. Otterbox decided it wanted in on the trip too. And why not? 11 school friends with busy lives all let lose in Spain for 4 glorious days!
A rare out of sports-gear shot!
I’m surprised I came home at all! But Hubster had the look of a man whose brain had been set upon by a pack of wild dogs on FaceTime so I felt it was best for all that I boarded that late flight into Cork on Sunday night.
Whilst we quite literally ate and drank our way around Marbella, I did manage to not stray too far with a little prep’. And there is plenty of help out there with regards to staying on track – here are my favourite snacks to keep you on the straight and narrow whilst lounging like a lounge rat at the airport or on the plane. Or bascially doing anything that isn’t on your normal schedule***.
(***Uummm, normal? There is no normal in my life….but you know what I mean right?)
- Healthy Trail Mix
A great energy boosting snack & really simple to make and store.
- Mix 1 Cup of EACH of the following: Raw Almonds, Raw Walnuts, Cashews (roasted and lightly salted are good), Dried Cranberries, goji or Raisins,
- Add 1/2 Cup each of Sunflower seeds and Pumpkin Seeds & Dark Chocolate Chips
- Add 1 Cup Coconut flakes toasted under grill for 2 minutes & cooled.
- Divide into 1/4 Cup servings into zip-top bags.
- Sweet & Salty Banana Chips
I have friends who HATE nuts – this is dedicated to them. Not a nut in sight here folks.
- 2 under ripe bananas, 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar, Coarse Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Slice the bananas thinly & dip both sides in the sugar. A light coating is good.
- Lay the slices on a baking tray with a baking mat lightly sprayed with olive or coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
- Bake at 200C (180C Fan) for 15-20 minutes – but you need to watch them. You do not want squashy chips or burned ones. Take them out when the edges are getting a little crispy. They last in an airtight container for about 2 days.
These are really addictive!!!
- Tikki Snack Mix
There is a bit of Beth Lynch in us all isn’t there? Go on, you can admit it!! You are amongst friends! Otterbox has just made me fall in love with this limited edition cover – animal print weakness here folks. Shop yours here.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 cups nuts – for example: salted roasted cashews, peanuts, raw almonds
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C Fan assisted.
- Whisk soy sauce, honey, cayenne pepper & sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Add nuts and mix well.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
1 serving is 1/4 of a cup so divide into some zip lock bags or airtight plastic tubs for travelling.
These are really really really good – hubster agree’s…..and that there is some endorsement, my friends!
Here are my airport essentials!!! Just add a glass of cava when childess.
And there you have it. 3 non-processed snacks that will save you money & once measured correctly into snack packs will keep you on course.
Yours, planning her next trip……always!!!,
This post is a sponsored post by OtterBox EMEA & I have been compensated by Company in compliance with rules, regulations and opinions of the Federal Trade Commission